Friday, March 19, 2010

The Human and The Universe: (cont.)

The Passerby: Part 7

The water has now consumed the girls legs up to her knees! I am a friend given a task end this horrid display of violence against the self, but my body will not budge; still as the earth that I sit upon. The nausea I feel is but a layer of filth on all things beautiful, try as I might to dust it off there is no cleaning agent that exists that will rid the world of such dirt! This pain in my chest is surely that of a broken heart, for I cannot hear it beating, nor can I feel it’s pulse as I place my hand upon my breast. Perhaps it is only that my body is frozen, but the numbness I am experiencing prevents me from feeling the warmth of life that should be flowing like a red hot stream through my blue forest of veins. Not a person could convince me that it is only the scratches on the windows I look out through! And should I try to find a clearer view it may take an eternity! And should one not exist I should be known as a fool! And should I break through the glass I may be proven that it is not the window after all! I shall know that it is the Universe that spews such hellish things as suicide and hopelessness! And in such a world perhaps it is true that I have given her dirt! What horrible person would I be if I had attempted to trick her into believing that she holds the white sands of love in her palm? And perhaps I shall step into the water also, for the sea is great and filled with life, and below the surface I will find an answer to the mysteries of the universe, the hidden gems within the soul!

But what of all those words I said to her? What of all those words?

No comments:

Post a Comment