Thursday, January 28, 2010

Leatherface

I wish that
Here we go ‘round the mulberry bush
He would explain
And a hug around the neck
Why

The man with the leatherface
Burnt the leaves in the summer
How she loved that smell
And the charred remains

Thereafter


I want that
Skip to my loo my darling
He would have loved me
She’ll be coming ‘round the mountain
Like he would a child
When she comes

And his mistake was grave
Buried the corpse of his soul
In a young one’s body
And she carried his unborn baby
For twenty two years


I need that
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
Leatherface is burning
Jack jump over the candle stick
With the leaves
Mary, Mary quite contrary
But not in the forest
How does your garden grow?
In Hell

Because I was afraid
And everywhere that Mary went
And alone
The lamb was sure to go

2 comments:

  1. I went into your blog by chance, and I´m glad to see here Lovecraft, strange dark visions and read this beautiful "murder ballad".

    Kisses from Granada, Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely blog and website you have yourself! I see you are a Swans fan also! Nice to meet a friend in the shadows cast by the blaring light of the world ;)

    ReplyDelete